Saturday, May 2, 2009

Using a motel's high speed Internet connection, how do I get my Outlook to send an email via my Yahoo account?

I am running Windows XP on a laptop and I use a Yahoo email address that downloads to my Outlook 2002. When I am home, I very successfully receive and send emails.

However, when I go on the road and access the Internet via motels' Internet linkage, I can receive my email but, frequently, I can not send an email. The motels' support lines never know why.

Can anyone suggest what I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.


I had the same experience while on a trip recently...personally I believe that it has to do with their firewall setup...if you have windows set to firewall status protecting your laptop, you could try turning it off...but, risky in my opinion, especially in a hotel. However, I don't follow my own advise sometimes and I did turn my firewall off...I was then able to access things I'd been unable to...odd

My connection was lucky to access email let alone anything else like MSN etc. There are certain sites they have blocked I beleive.

Don't know if this helps...but good luck

You can't, unless you pay yahoo for this service.

Some time ago they suspended support for POP3 to free accounts, and that is what you need for Outlook to be able to see your Yahoo mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment