Friday, May 1, 2009

I am riding my motorcycle from Daytona to Anchorage. Any motel or restaurant suggestions?

I am in the planning stages of my trip. One thing is that I do NOT want to use chain motels or restaurants but local "mom & pop" places. If any of you have traveled the Trans Canada highway and/or gone into Alaska to Anchorage I would love to hear about locally owned restaurants and motels that are a must to stop at or a must to avoid. Please include a "why" with your answer. Thanks to y'all in advance.


Make sure you go to dawson city and kiss the toe......no I ain't kidding. At a bar in Dawson they have a frostbitten toe........i pasted the link below it's true.....I know....... but you asked for it

Donald It has been 20 yrs since the last i drove the north (N. of Edmonton) it's gonna be a great trip....a friend of mine just did it this summer I will to get some more specific info 4 u....adventure on man! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/accuse_write?qid=20060908044527AAuEFLp&kid=F8YuWWa4UzbVTg2wTEUO1fKHku3PF9bvc9pCkvXSbsJVhShMmDdT&s=comm&date=2006-09-11+19%3A25%3A41&.crumb=

I wouldn't think this time of the year would be a good idea to ride a bike to Anchorage. I've lived there and it's starting to get cold compared to the lower 48. Good luck if you're going and remember rubber side down shiny side up.

Wow.. man, find your own motal... if your driving a motor cycle while on yahoo answers.. your obviously pretty smart/talented :)

Agree with the poster above. I live in Yellowknife, weather will soon change and I already stored my bikes for the winter. You will be fine up to about Dawson Creek, but after that you may hit snow any day and the weather can become unpredictable.

Lots of info on accomodation available. Check this link:

http://www.outwestnewspaper.com/akhwy.html

and get the Milepost

No comments:

Post a Comment